Ok I sorta lied. Yes, it takes 1 minute to prepare. But 8-12 hours to sit untouched before it’s ready. Still have your attention? Read on. You’ll thank me when you next have a dinner party.
- 500g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh herbs (Parsley, coriander, mint or thyme etc)
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix salt and yoghurt well.
- Layout a cheese/ muslin cloth and pour yoghurt into middle of it.
- Pick up corners of muslin cloth and tie a knot.
- Attach the knot to a pot handle with some rubber bands or string.
- Leave overnight (8 to 12hrs) in fridge for whey (white liquid) to drain.
- After most of the whey has drained off and the Labneh is nice and firm, remove from sift/ cloth and served with a good glug of olive oil and some herbs (I used thyme and parsley).
Note: If you don’t have a cheesecloth, lay some kitchen paper over a sift, pour yoghurt in and rest the sift over a pot. Works well too.